Please read our Terms and Conditions of Sale
All Website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are copyright of chartsales.co.uk, chartsales.com, marinechartservices.co.uk, marinechartservices.com, and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with chartsales.co.uk, chartsales.com, marinechartservices.co.uk, marinechartservices.com or using this Web site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Web site–including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication–without the prior written permission of Marine Chart Services, Maritime House, 32 Denington Road, Denington Industrial Estate, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 2QH, UK. (or at any other address from which this firm may operate from) is strictly prohibited.
Chartsales.co.uk, chartsales.com, marinechartservices.co.uk, marinechartservices.com services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Marine Chart Services in the U.K. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED AT LAW, MARINE CHART SERVICES IS PROVIDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, MARINE CHART SERVICES DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. Except as specifically stated on this site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Marine Chart Services nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data. income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Marine Chart Services does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Marine Chart Services, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives.
At Marine Chart Services we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a more personalised shopping experience.
When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number and expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status.
We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Make sure to change your preferences for each account or e-mail address you have left with us.
How will Marine Chart Services protect customer information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA),we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Marine Chart Services does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
Marine Chart Services Despatch Information
Marine Chart Services can send to virtually any address in the world, except Somalia.
Customs forms for all international packages list the value of your order’s contents as well as a description of the items. Any customs or import duties are levied once the package reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you may want to contact your local customs office for further information.
Our Delivery Service
We have a proven record of getting orders out to you on time. We use the UK Post Office for most orders, and a nationally recognised parcel delivery service for others. You can be assured of a quick and reliable service. A packing charge of £2.95 (plus postage, etc. at cost) is charged on each order sent out; or – if you choose to have your order sent in multiple deliveries – each requested despatch will incur this packing charge. However, where orders are sent in split parts – due to our stock sourcing – only one packing charge will be levied.
IMPORTANT: Please note that some parcels may not be delivered on Saturdays or Sundays! Delivery is Monday to Friday only. If your delivery requires special attention or a faster service please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do if your order does not arrive within a reasonable time.
If your order has not arrived within a reasonable time, let us know straight away by e-mailing us at email@example.com where your problem will be dealt with promptly and efficiently. Alternatively you can phone our helpline on UK (0)7000 785043.
All our UK delivery times are applicable Monday to Friday only. However small parcels sent within the UK by 1st class & 2nd class post may be delivered on Saturday.Orders will normally be dispatched within 5 working days from receipt. Deliveries within the UK should arrive within 10 working days of placing your order.Overseas deliveries may take up to 14 working days for European destinations, or up to 21 working days for other countries. Despatch details will be e-mailed to you – if requested – once your order has been sent out.
When you place your order, it may happen that some of the items ordered could be out of stock at the time your order is received. This is due to the volume of orders being received from all sources (including telephone, fax, mail order and counter sales). Should this situation arise with any items that you have ordered, please advise us on the ‘other details’ section of the order page, if you wish us to credit the value back to your account, or whether you prefer us to hold the items as pending on a ‘back order’.
How you can pay for your order
You can pay for your order online or by phone, by using either credit or debit cards. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, SWITCH and DELTA. Simply enter your card details where requested.
You will find all the handling & postage costs (overseas and domestic) included at the final checkout. The shopping basket automatically calculates your final total adding the order
sub-total to the postage and packing costs. So what you see is what you pay. No hidden costs anywhere. Goods in transit insurance is included for most destinations. If you need to confirm that your delivery address is included in our insurance option, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other methods of payment and ordering
We understand that first time users may still be wary about security online and for this reason we offer you the option to post or phone your payment details to us. You can also post us a cheque drawn on a UK bank. Existing commercial account customers may order on-line using a valid company order number, for payment by invoice as per normal. Once you experience our fast delivery, top quality products and excellent service, we’re sure you’ll have the peace of mind to order online from then onwards!
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE AND SUPPLY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MARINE CHART SERVICES (MCS)
The Services are provided on the following terms and conditions:
1. Throughout this document and elsewhere in any agreement of document incorporating or referring to the Terms and Conditions of MCS: “www.marinechartservices.co.uk; www.marinechartservices.com, www.chartsales.co.uk; www.chartsales.com” and any related e-mail contact addresses shall mean Marine Chart Services and/or its principal, Mr Michael J. Clarke; “MCS” shall mean Marine Chart Services and/or its principal, Mr Michael J.Clarke; “Services” shall mean any services, work, information, advice or materials to be, being or already provided by MCS and/or its servants to the customer; “the Customer” shall mean any person and/or company who contracts for Services and/or to whom Services are provided; “Terms and Conditions” shall mean the terms and conditions set out in clauses 1-14 herein; “Personal Injury” shall mean any injury, illness or disease of the body and any directly consequent mental impairment.
2. Save for liabilities in respect of death of, or Personal Injury to the Customer, MCS shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any loss, damage, expense or costs (including any indirect, consequential or economic loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with the performance, part-performance,or non performance of any Services (even if negligent). THIS TERM WILL BE REVOKED ON PAYMENT OF £100 BY THE CUSTOMER AT ANYTIME BEFORE THE FIRST DAY UPON WHICH THE SERVICES ARE PROGRAMMED TO BE PROVIDED.
3. Subject to clause 2 above, in the event that MCS is liable for any loss, damage, expense or costs (including any indirect, consequential or economic loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with the performance, part-performance, or non-performance of any Services (even if negligent), the aggregated liabilities of MCS to the Customer (excluding any liabilities in respect of death of, or Personal Injury to the Customer) shall in no circumstances whatsoever exceed £70,000.
4. Notwithstanding clause 3 above, the Customer will hold harmless and indemnify MCS in respect of any claim, of whatsoever nature (including claims of negligence) and by whomsoever brought, against MCS arising out of or in connection with the performance, part-performance or non-performance of any Services (even if negligent).
5. It shall be the duty of the Customer to ensure that it has insurance to cover the potential for loss, damage, expense and costs referred to in clause 2 above and the potential liabilities in excess of £70,000 referred to in clause 3 above and the obligations referred to in clause 4 above.
6. If either MCS or the Customer is prevented or restricted from performing any step in the course of providing the Services by reason of circumstances beyond its control, it shall, on giving prompt notice to the other, be excused from performance to the extent of the prevention or restriction, provided that it shall continue to use reasonable endeavours to avoid or remove the prevention or restriction, and shall continue performance whenever such prevention or restriction or avoided or removed.
7. Any claim against MCS must be made in writing within three(3) months of the performance, part-performance or non-performance of any Services (even if negligent) the subject of the claim and where this provision is not complied with the claim shall be deemed to be waived and absolutely barred.
8. MCS shall be paid for the Services in accordance with its price list in force at the time the Services were contracted for.
9. The Terms and Conditions shall be subject to, and construed in accordance with, English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the performance, part-performance or non-performance of any Services shall be brought by way of arbitration proceedings in London before an arbitrator who is a member of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Acts 1950-1979 and any statutory modification thereto, save that MCS may always opt instead to recover any monies from time to time payable to MCS by way of court proceedings in England.
10. There shall be no foregoing, waiving or varying of any of the Terms and Conditions by or on behalf of MCS unless confirmed in writing by MCS. Nor shall the Customer be entitled to rely on any promise or indication that such a written confirmation will be forthcoming.
11. No servant of MCS shall in any circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Customer for any loss, damage, expense or costs(including any indirect, consequential or economic loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with the performance, part-performance, or non-performance of any Services(even if negligent). This term shall be available and shall extend to protect every servant of MCS, in which respect MCS is or shall be deemed to be acting as agent or trustee on behalf of and for the benefit of its servants who shall for the purposes of this clause be or be parties to the contract between MCS and the Customer.
12. If any portion of the Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable, invalid or void for any reason whatsoever, such finding shall not affect the remainder of the Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
2nd Hand Charts & Publications
If you have surplus items, and you wish us to sell them on your behalf:- Upon receipt, all items are individually checked for validity, and condition, ensuring that they are both current and suitable for re-sale.
All items will then be marked with an Alpha/Numeric code in order to identify them as belonging to you. This code ensures that your identity is preserved from any future purchaser.
All re-saleable items will them be incorporated into our stocks of “2nd hand for re-sale” charts and publications. A summary of your items suitable for re-sale will be sent to you (if requested) by post, fax, or e-mail and will act as your receipt for the items sent.
All cancelled (see Cancelled Charts section below), or non-saleable items would then be disposed of, or returned to you if you prefer.
Payment for items sold will be made by way of either a credit note, cheque or bank transfer, only after some of your items have been sold. Occasionally, we may choose to buy your items outright, and – in these cases only – payment would be made once we have received and checked the age and quality of the items offered for sale. Any prices offered to you, are based upon the quoted age and condition of the charts and publications at the time the offer is made; should this information prove to be incorrect, we reserve the right to alter, or totally withdraw, any such offer.
All items not purchased outright by us, remain your property until such time as they become sold. Should any items be removed from our ‘for sale’ stocks for re-use – or otherwise – by yourself, we reserve the right to levy an insurance and handling charge of £1.00 per item per year or part thereof.
The current credit value for valid Admiralty charts sold on your behalf as second hand is £6.40. Any other items sold as second hand, would return 60% of the re-sale value, to you. If you wish to buy 2nd hand charts or publications:-
2nd hand charts ‘not fully up to date’ must be corrected up to date by the purchaser before being used for navigation.
All 2nd hand British Admiralty charts and publications are the current edition at the time of sale.
Publications are sold in the format to which they have been received, but can be fully updated by ourselves – at extra cost – if required.
The current price for 2nd hand charts is £10.65 for charts ‘not fully up to date’.
Marine Chart Services do not guarantee the accuracy of any corrections added by previous chart owners, and such corrections may not have been re-checked by us prior to the sale of such chart.. We are therefore unable to accept any risk for any errors or loss that may occur, as a result of such prior corrections.
Publications are sold at 60% of their current ‘new’ price, subject to their condition.
Marine Chart Services act as Agents only for the original owners, and as such are unable to provide credit for returned items, unless they are incorrectly supplied, or are found to be invalid at the time of the sale.
Your Statutory Rights, within the UK, are not affected.
CANCELLED CHARTS AND PUBLICATIONS
Cancelled items must not be used for navigation.
Items sold as cancelled are sold for the benefit of those persons wishing to carry out the pre-planning of a passage, or some other preparatory or training purpose. We cannot, and will not, recommend the use of cancelled charts and publications for navigation. Information shown on cancelled charts can often be very different from the information shown on the most recent edition of such chart. Hand correcting these charts will not bring these charts fully up to date, as information used in the new edition, may not have been published for inclusion into the older editions.
If you wish to buy Cancelled Items:-
Cancelled BA charts are sold at £4.15 each, with cancelled publications and non-BA charts offered at various prices from £4.15 upwards.
If you have Cancelled items for sale:-
We are interested in buying outright, charts and publications from a limited number of areas around the world. Typically,these areas include the UK, Mediterranean, Atlantic circuit and South Pacific. However, depending upon demand, all other areas may be considered from time to time. The price offered for all Cancelled charts is £1.00 each, for items that are in good re-saleable condition. Carriage charges in to us are for the sellers account.
Any items returned to us, irrespective of whether they are new, second – hand or cancelled, may be subject to a re-stocking charge of £1.75 per item returned, except for electronic products or equipment, which are subject to a re-stocking charge of 25% of the original purchase price paid. This charge may be waived at the sole discretion of Marine Chart Services.
The prices shown for 2nd hand and cancelled items, will remain in force until 31st October of each year, whenever possible. A new price structure will be introduced from 1st November’ (or earlier if necessary), and details of these prices may be obtained up to 1 month in advance of this date, by contacting email@example.com
Prices shown for New items, are the current prices in force, as given by each publisher. Prices for New items are subject to change, without notice, in accordance with each publishers current recommended retail pricing policy.